Monday, March 19, 2012

I Dare You

[Ed. note: Originally featured on JVH's OKCupid journal on March 19, 2012.]

Chances are you're on this site to make a connection, to engage, to inspire. To be inspired.

I dare you: Never lose sight of that.

I know, I know -- the perverts, the idiots, the malcontents -- but that's all just white noise. Block those profiles, delete those messages. When in doubt, reach out to the people that you yourself would like to hear from! It really is that simple.

It’s so easy to be cynical and snarky, especially when it comes to the Internet. But then why did you spend so much time crafting your damn profile if you're not willing to make yourself available?

I double-dog dare you: Try harder. And by try harder, what I really mean is: Be a person. Be the best version of you -- you know, the person featured in your profile.

And then: Show up. Connect. Engage. Inspire.

I triple-dog dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment